Dr. G. Clotaire Rapaille is an internationally known expert in Cultural Archetype Discoveries, Creativity and Innovation. His unique approach to marketing combines a psychoanalyst's depth of analysis with a businessman's attention to practical concerns. He has written more than fourteen books. His last book the Culture Code was no 9 in the best seller list of BusinessWeek and has been translated in twelve languages. He is a sought-after lecturer on creativity, communication and cultural literacy.
Dr. Rapaille's technique for market research has grown out of his work in the areas of psychology, social psychology, psychoanalysis and cultural anthropology. His work is an extension of the work done by many of the great scholars of the twentieth century, including Jung, Laing, Levi-Strauss, and Ruth Benedict.
Dr. Rapaille's work for the past 36 years led him to develop a new process for understanding how we are imprinted for the first time by what he calls the Logic of Emotion, which is the code of each Cultural Archetype in the collective unconscious of a given culture.
Dr. Rapaille's world travels, a term in the diplomatic corps, and extensive marketing research on product and brand archetypes for international corporations, have given him a fresh perspective on American and global business and the interactions among the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. He is fluent in English, French, and Spanish.
Dr. Rapaille has taught at Sorbonne University, Paris, France; St. Ignace, Antwerp, Belgium; Esade, Barcelona, Spain; INSEAD/CEDP, Fontainebleau, France; Thomas Jefferson College' Grand Valley State University, Michigan, USA; CPSI, New York State University, Buffalo, NY, USA; University of California - Los Angeles (UCLA), USA; HEC/ISA (Business School), Paris et Jouy en Josas, France; UNAN, Managua, Nicaragua. His Diplomas: licencié ès lettres(Psychology), Sorbonne, Paris, Diplome de Sciences Politiques (Sciences Po, Paris) and has a Doctorate from the Sorbonne (Social Psychology).
- THE CULTURE CODE An Ingenious Way to Understand Why People Around the World Live and Buy as They Do Broadway Books, New York 2006 in English, German, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese, Turkish, Korean, Chinese, (Mandarin and Cantonese) Italian, Russian.
- SOCIAL CANCER (the code for Terrorism) Tuxedo Productions, New York 2003, in English.
- SEVEN SECRETS OF MARKETING IN A MULTI-CULTURAL WORLD First Edition. Executive Excellence, Utah 2001 in English; Second Edition. Tuxedo Productions, New York 2004 in English.
- VERSTEH' DEINE ELTERN Bucher, Munich, 1984, in German.
- COMPRENDRE SES PARENTS ET SES GRANDS PARENTS Marabout, Paris, 1982 in French.
- ESCUCHELO: ES SU HIJO Pomaire, Colección Libre, Barcelona 1981, in Spanish.
- LE TROUPLE Éditions Menges, Paris, 1980, in French.
- SI VOUS ECOUTIEZ VOS ENFANTS Éditions Menges, Paris, 1978, in French.
- COMPRENDRE SES PARENTS Éditions Menges, Paris, 1978, in French.
- LA COMMUNICATION CREATRICE Éditions Dialogues, Paris, 1976, in French.
- WISDOM OF MADNESS Thomas Jefferson College, Grand Valley State University, Michigan USA, Manuscript, 1975, in English.
- LA RELAZION CREATRICE Cittadella Editrice, 1975, in Italian.
- JE T'AIME, JE NE T'AIME PAS with Dr. Michele C. Barzach Minister of Health in the Government of Jacques Chirac, Éditions Universitaires, Paris, 1974, in French.
- LA RELATION CREATRICE Éditions Universitaires, Paris, 1973, in French.
- LAING Éditions Universitaires, Paris, 1972 in French.
- ANALYSE DES PRATIQUES MÉDICALES ET DES CROYANCES LIEES À LA MALADIE ET AUX SOINS DANS QUINZE COMMUNAUTES NICARAGUAYENNES Thesis Paris, Sorbonne, 1969 (220 pages) in French.